Reapers are spirits that feed off the life force of the living. They are often enslaved by powerful mages and used to track down someone that the mage considers important. These creatures can be invaluable tools as they can take on the form of those that they reap and gain all of that persons knowledge and secrets. Reapers can also be used in a ritual as a means for a mage to take on and impersonate a subject and usurp positions of power and authority. The subject of the reaping does not need to be kept alive for the ritual to remain effective.
Dexterity 4 (Claws, Stealth)
Magic 6 (Reaping)
Perception 4 (Seeking)
Speed: Fly 18
Claws +6 (1D6 + 6 penetrating damage)
Favoured Stunts: Seize The Initiative, Lightning Attack.
Spectral: Reapers are spectral beings, largely immune to physical harm. Magic and magical weapons affect them normally. An attacker can also perform a special spectral attack stunt for 3 SP when attacking a Reaper, which allows a normal attack to inflict its typical damage, with Magic being the ability used in the damage calculation.
Soul Seeker: The Reaper uses Perception (Seeking) in place of Perception (Tracking) for the purpose of tracking a target.
Reaping: The claws of a Reaper pierce both the flesh and the spirit. After a successful Claws attack a Reaper can immediately attempt one of 3 Reapings: Reap the Body, Reap the Mind, or Reap the Soul.
- Reap the Body: The Reaper makes a Magic (Reaping) vs. Constitution (Stamina) test against the subject of the reaping. If the Reaper succeeds it gains 1D3 advancement points in Constitution as well as any Constitution focuses that the subject possesses.
- Reap the Mind: The Reaper makes a Magic (Reaping) vs. Cunning (Arcane Lore) test against the subject of the reaping. If the Reaper succeeds it gains 1D3 advancement points in Cunning as well as any Cunning focuses that the subject possesses.
- Reap the Soul: The Reaper makes a Magic (Reaping) vs. Willpower (Self-Discipline) test against the subject of the reaping. If the Reaper succeeds it gains 1D3 advancement points in Willpower as well as any Willpower focuses that the subject possesses.
Reave: If a Reaper successful performs Reap the Body, Reap the Mind, and Reap the Soul attack on a single target then they can reave the spirit of that target as a major action. The target suffers 3D6+10 penetrating damage and suffers -1 to all social interactions and Willpower tests until the Reaper has been killed or their spirit has been recovered. After a successful Reave attack the Reaper will do one of two things:
- Doppleganger: The Reaper can take a major action and, for all intents and purposes, become the target that was the subject of the Reave attack. The Reaper takes on the appearance of the target and has all their knowledge and memories, as well as duplicates of their possessions and gear. The Reapers abilities and combat scores also match those of the subject (even if this decreases them), but the Reaper’s attacks are penetrating. The Reaper can return to its original form as a major action.
- Flee: If the Reaper is under the control of another and has been sent to reap the specific spirit of the subject of the Reave attack, then it immediately attempts to flee and return to its master.